Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Schooling

I took this semester off from school, which was painful but necessary in light of having surgery. (I already work full time. School or surgery seems doable, but not both.)

I have four classes left before I can graduate, as follows:
  • Software Engineering Practices (my Senior Experience course)
  • Principles of Programming Languages
  • Linear Algebra
  • Abstract Algebra or (more likely) Probability & Statistics
Next semester, I'll take Software Engineering Practices (hereafter known as "sweprac") and Linear Algebra. I'm really looking forward to it, and I have a decent schedule (Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5-9pm).

This means I should graduate in December of 2008. I've been in school for a long time, and I do want to keep taking math courses basically forever, but graduating would be great.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Tam and I will be taking linear algebra at the same time, which is cool, but I do draw the line at anything to do with software engineering. Don't get me wrong. A couple of my favorite people are software engineers (my sis and her husband) but I could not bear it. Actually, Tam's software engineering principles class was pretty interesting, so I shouldn't assume that sweprac would be intolerable. Definitely more interest potential than, say, a class called Concrete. I'm more of an Abstract person. (Well, journal article abstracts anyway.)

Anonymous said...

I vote for probability and statistics.

Yes, sometimes I just declare elections and then vote.