Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Billable Hours

At my new job (which I started last Thursday), I have to do billable hours - we're a consulting firm. So I have a record every day of how many hours I've worked on various projects, and how many hours I did other things (generally recorded as "G&A"). This is how I've done so far:

Thursday (1st day at work):
Billable - 5 1/2
G&A - 2 1/2

Friday:
Training - 5
Billable - 2 3/4
G&A - 1/4

Monday:
Training - 1
Billable - 4 1/4
G&A - 2 3/4 [I ran out of stuff to do]

Tuesday:
Training - 2 1/4
Billable - 5 1/2
G&A - 1/4

So far today (as of lunchtime):
Billable - 3

So that's all going rather well, I'd say.

3 comments:

Sally said...

60% billable, including the hours that you simply ran out of things to do (their fault, not yours). A good start.

Tam said...

I ended up getting 8 1/2 billable hours yesterday, out of 9 total hours here, which brings my average to about 65%.

Sally said...

You rock.