Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Week 10 Update

Is it a bad sign that I had to calculate from an old post what week I'm on of my 15-Week Plan?

Yep.

I haven't totally blown it or anything, but I'm not doing that well either. I seem to be hungry more than I should be (I had a few weeks there where I had no troublesome appetite), and I seem to be stuck on a Doritos kick. (Oddly, I only like Doritos when I am dieting. I much prefer other types of snacks under other circumstances.) Plus I keep eating Twix bars. Crazy stuff.

So overall I have lost about 6 pounds, which is not terrible. My coworker and I went to Weight Watchers today, after skipping the past 3 weeks, and I was the same weight as 4 weeks ago, which is...well, under the circumstances, pretty good, I guess?

Anyway, this has been the most boring post ever, but I thought I should at least post something about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's weird how you can start to crave something when dieting that otherwise wouldn't particularly attract you. Dry cereal (esp. Cheerios and Chex) is my own strange craving; I guess it's the fact that they're crunchy and sort of bland and they last a long time. Obviously, I would much rather eat a bread pudding, peach cobbler, or chocolate brownie the size of my head, but those things are so out of bounds (and not easily available, unlike Robert's breakfast cereal) that I don't find myself in any danger of eating them. But I've been successfully avoiding dry cereal snacking of late; I feel like a person in one of those stop-smoking ads who is holding a sign with a number on it that represents how many days they've been smoke-free, or perhaps even more ridiculously like I should have a sign outside my door that indicates the number of days since the last dry cereal snacking incident (cf a factory sign declaring how long it's been since the last industrial accident).

Anonymous said...

When I first gave up meat in 1989 I used to dream about eating hamburgers and fried chicken and steak. I always felt guilty in the dream about eating the stuff. In 1989 there were few meat alternatives that tasted like the real thing. This isn't a problem now. I just finished a 5 day juice fast and would daydream about all the food I would eat after the fast was over. Of course I haven't eaten all that much and have stayed on my diet mostly. OK, the truth is I ate a Benjy's last night. I had sesame crusted agadashi with shitake mushrooms in an orange chili sauce served over a bed of rice cooked in truffle oil with baby bok choy and fresh sliced ginger. I brought enough home for 2 more meals.