Saturday, February 13, 2010

Another Grad School Admission

Today, I was notified of my admission to the highest-ranked (according to the decade-old NRC rankings) program on my list, the University of Florida. Funding notifications will begin in a few weeks.

So far, I am two for three with my admissions. There is hope I could still be admitted at the school that rejected me (they said so), but I'm not holding my breath. I don't have any funding offers as of yet (both schools will make those decisions in a few weeks), so we'll see, but I'm feeling moderately optimistic.

Update: I got a letter in the mail from the school that rejected me (Tennessee) and they have indeed now admitted me. The letter was from the graduate school and not the math department, and said nothing about funding at all, but presumably I would hear about that at a later date if they want to offer me any.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm feeling reasonably optimistic about your chances of receiving funding for at least one of these programs. And since I know jack-all about math PhD programs.... :)