Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Quesadillas

I made quesadillas tonight. I was at Whole Foods shopping for Larabars, and I had had the idea earlier in the day, so I went for it.

In the meat department, I bought chicken fajitas - a marinated mix of raw chicken, onions, and different colors of peppers. Red peppers were on sale anyway, so I bought an extra one as well. I also got cheese and whole wheat tortillas.

At home, I cooked the chicken and veggies in a bit of oil, assembled quesadillas, and cooked them in a hot very thinly oiled pan.

They came out pretty good. I didn't (apparently) use as much cheese as one uses for conventional quesadillas, and I had more fillings, so they were tall and (because I had to cook them a while and the heat I used was high) a bit crispier than you'd get at a restaurant. But very tasty and sort of chunky and substantial.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Mmmm...crispy wheat tortillas.