Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tonight's Dinner

Since I know you guys never get tired of reading about the boring meals we have around my house, here was tonight's dinner:

  • catfish, cooked on my grill pan with a bit of salt and lemon juice
  • asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces and sauteed in a pan with a bit of oil, salt, and crushed red pepper
  • whole wheat macaroni & cheese from a box
  • a small french baguette for Ed

It was pretty tasty. The catfish is yummier (of course) when cooked in butter and olive oil. I didn't use any oils today and it was much plainer, but I enjoyed using my new grill pan.

A grill pan, if you don't know, is a kind of flat pan (mine is square) with raised ridges in the bottom. You use it over a burner in lieu of grilling. The ridges leave lines on your food and the sunken areas theoretically allow fat to drain way. I'm not all that hooked on having grill marks on my food, but the square flatness makes it a fun pan to cook with. I made burgers on it last week and that was neat too. I have this one.

No comments: