Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Self-Motivation


One of the ways I stay motivated (at least in theory) is with my exercise calendar. I keep this in the kitchen, and every time I exercise, I write down what I did and how much, and I give myself a star. At the end of the week, I write down how many total minutes of exercise I got, and if it's more than 180, I get a star for that too.

During this 15 week plan, I'm also writing down my weight every work day, and putting a box around the week's median weight at the end of the week. It's sort of fun, and I like seeing all the stars. It also lets me use sharpies from the big cup with dozens of colors of sharpies that we have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never tried the star thing with you when you were little. I wonder if it would have worked then.